Pork Tenderloin with Sauce No. 31
Sweet & Spicy Braised Pork Tenderloin
One pork tenderloin, 1 - 1.5 lbs
4 shallots, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed or crushed
1 cup white wine
1 1/4 cups beef broth
1 teaspoon honey
4 tbsp Corine’s Cuisine No. 31
1. Heat 2 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat in a sauté pan.
2. When the butter begins to bubble, add the shallots. Season them with salt and pepper and cook for about three minutes until translucent. Do not brown.
3. Add the wine to the shallots, reduce heat to medium and let the sauce simmer for about two minutes to evaporate the alcohol.
4. Add the beef broth, simmer for 10 minutes to reduce.
5. Once the sauce is reduced, add the Corine’s Cuisine No. 31 and honey. This will thicken the sauce slightly. Stir and remove from heat. Set aside.
1. In a heavy casserole or cast iron pan, heat 2 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat.
2. Salt and pepper the tenderloin and brown it on all sides in the butter and oil
3. Add the thyme and garlic, reduce the heat to medium and cover
4. After about 5-7 minutes, the butter will begin to brown. Add 1/4 cup of water, cover again and continue cooking for another 10-15 minutes or until the pork has reached an internal temperature of 165.
5. Plate immediately with the sauce and serve with sautéed fingerling potatoes or carrots.