Corine's Famous Belgian-Style Lasagna with Sauce No. 10
PREPARATION TIME 15 MINUTES
COOKING TIME 1 HOUR
A Belgian variation on an Italian tradition. Ground beef, dried lasagna pasta, butter, vegetable oil, diced onion, dried thyme and oregano, marinara tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, heavy cream, grated gruyere cheese, Corine’s Cuisine Sauce No. 10
1. Boil the dried pasta per the instructions, drain, separate and lay flat on wax paper to cool.
2. In a large pan, sauté the diced onion over medium heat in butter and vegetable oil until translucent.
3. Add the ground beef, crumbling it into the pan and breaking it into small pieces with a fork.
4. Season the beef with salt & pepper, thyme, oregano and Worcestershire sauce. Let cook for 5 min and then mix in the marinara sauce (we use Rao’s). Now it’s a Bolognese!
5. In a small saucepan, warm the heavy cream with 2 tbsp of Sauce No. 10. 6. Coat the bottom of a deep lasagna dish with the Bolognese sauce, then put a layer of pasta, then the meat, then a layer of pasta. Repeat for the second layer, and for the third, pour some of the spicy heavy cream over the meat before laying down the top layer of pasta. Spoon marinara sauce over the top layer. Cover loosely with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 50 min.
7. Remove the foil and cover the lasagna with the grated gruyere. Set the oven to broil to melt and brown the top cheese layer. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 min before serving.